The documents available on our site are provided for your personal use for the education of clients and allied staff. All copies of these materials must retain any copyright information as printed in its entirety. You may not make copies for any commercial purpose. You may not upload any of this site's material to any presentation, public server, on-line service, network, or bulletin board without prior written permission from Med-Diet, Inc.
- Red Flags for Swallowing Difficulty - An indispensable checklist for helping any Caregivers to spot potential signs of dysphagia. Available in English and Spanish. (Descargar en español)
- Eating Assessment Tool - Use this assessment to help measure swallowing problems.
- The International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative, or IDDSI, has developed global standardised terminology and definitions for texture modified foods and thickened liquids to improve the safety and care for individuals with dysphagia of all ages, in all care settings, and across all cultures.
- Purchasing Guide for Thickeners – A straightforward table that compares the major thickener brands and the recommended amounts to purchase for one week. (Guía de compra para espesantes)
- Thickener Comparison Chart – A comprehensive overview of the differences between the various thickened liquid options including starch-based, gum-based and pre-thickened selections. (Espesante Tabla Comparativa)
- Making Dysphagia Easier to Swallow by Debbie Zwiefelhofer, RD, LD; A comprehensive review of the National Dysphagia Diet including its scientific basis, terminology, relationship with Dysphagia Severity Scales and recommendations for liquids and solids.
- Adaptive Feeding: Field Report by Debbie Zwiefelhofer, RD, LD; A comprehensive review of the various adaptive eating accessories including cups, plates, utensils and non-slip materials for your facility and patients/caregivers.
*You do not obtain any ownership right, title, or other interest in Med-Diet, Inc. trademarks or copyrights by downloading, copying, or otherwise using these materials. You assume the entire risk related to your use of this data. Med-Diet, Inc. is providing this data "as is," and Med-Diet disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including (without limitation) any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Med-Diet be liable to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages or lost profit resulting from any use or misuse of this data.